New home, new opportunities
With so much to do all around you, you’ll be glad to come home to a place where you can relax in comfort and style.
Herriot Gardens is in Sowerby, a lovely village on the outskirts of historic Thirsk, North Yorkshire. Sowerby itself has a wide tree lined Front Street with grand houses, a public house, two churches and the Parochial Hall. There are a number of flat, short walks through the town and along the river.
The village also has great access to the A19/A168 for easy travelling north to Teesside and south to York. Just 1 mile away in Thirsk you’ll find a range of amenities, including a number of award-winning independent shops, a supermarket, doctor’s surgery, hairdressers, pubs, cafés and of course, the renowned World of James Herriot centre. With its quaint cobbled streets and medieval market square, Thirsk has a unique charm that seems to have remained untouched by the wider world. It’s also midway between the beautiful Yorkshire Dales and the North Yorkshire Moors and is surprisingly close to York, Harrogate, Ripon and the county town of Northallerton, ideal for cultural day trips or a little retail therapy.
Thirsk train station is approximately 2 miles from the development and it offers a regular rail service to York and London King’s Cross. For adventures farther afield, Durham Tees Valley airport is 20 miles away, and Leeds/Bradford, 30 miles away.
- 1 & 2 bedroom apartments and 2 bedroom bungalows with private gardens
- House Manager (24 hour cover)
- A range of ownership/rental options:
Buy outright, shared ownership, rental
- All maintenance to shared external and communal areas taken care of (not including private back gardens of bungalows)
- Stylish home designs, something to suit all needs and requirements
- Communal lounges for socialising
- Communal landscaped gardens
- A café/bistro for hot/cold meals available throughout the day
- Retail units on site
- Emergency call system day and night
- Care packages designed around your individual needs
- Secure, lockable doors and windows
- Private car parking for bungalows with plenty of communal parking for apartment residents and guests
- Help at every step of your move